Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Busting out of my bubble with Billy...

So this is a cute blogger challenge originated by Skylar Coeur at her blog here, she basically suggested that we, as veteran bloggers, should get together with another, new, blogger and blog!Or, the newer bloggers' could approach a veteran blogger they'd like to work with themselves. I was honoured, and quite flattered, to be approached by Billy from Songs in the Key of SL, who asked that we work together for this challenge. And also quite surprised at being considered a 'veteran' blogger, I guess after nearly 3yrs of blogging, that I am indeed a veteran blogger, but I still feel like I'm learning new things every day!

Anyways, Billy came up with this wonderful idea that we should form a goth band and photo our gig! I loved this idea, as a rock chick myself it's very true to me and my RL, lol. We had heaps of fun shooting this piece, but I'll let the photo's speak for themselves!





To get to know each other a lil more, which was the purpose of the challenge, we asked each other a few questions about blogging and why we blog. This is what I asked Billy (you'll have to check out Songs in the Key of SL to see what he asked me!).

1) Who/ what inspired you to start blogging?
Being on Plurk, you see a lot of people talking about blogging. I didn't think I'd have anything different to offer, until an idea came to me one day, and I decided to give it a shot!

2) How would you describe your style?
My photos always start with an image I see in a song, or with an idea from the prompts on the story challenges I do. So I don't know if I have a specific style because I dress to suit the idea in my head. Although baseball caps and blue jeans are pretty common to see me in on a regular basis.

3) How do you prepare for a new blog post?
First the idea, then I find props that get me close to what my idea was. Location is next, where I set up props and pose, finally I adjust windlights. That's the hard part.
Writing the blog is easy!
(I agree!!)

4) What do you enjoy about blogging?
Challenging myself. I really enjoy taking photos.
5) Would you consider collaborating with others again?
Always. I've worked with several people now, and it's always interesting to see how they do things differently.

6) (just to be mean ;p) Who are some of your favourite stores?
You're right, this is a harder question than I expected. Argrace, Entente, FATEwear, Kal Rau, plus I have quite a few favourite clothing items from designers that I'd like to check out some more.
(Billy had already asked me this and I had found it too difficult to answer, so I threw it right back at him!)

 7) Do you have a favourite piece of clothing/ 'go-to' item that you wear frequently?
My hats from Argrace. Definitely.

Finally, here's what I am wearing, again you will need to read Billys' blog, Songs in the Key of SL here to find out what he is wearing.

Worn by me:

Skin: Amacci ~ Rayna/ Pearl/ Natural (available at Skin Fair),
Hair: DeLa ~ Moelleux ~ black,
Eyes: MayFly ~ Liquid Light eyes ~ True Grey (thank you Arkesh Baral!!), 
Eye-Liner: Mango Mango ~ rock liner (no longer available),
Runny mascara: S and P ~ Death Princess,
Top: Nefarious (maybe no longer available),
Skirt: [Sakide] Ruffly Skirt,
Arm-warmers: [Sakide] Leather Arm-warmers
Tights: Izzie's,
Boots: Gos ~ Triumph Boots,
Piercing: Hebenon Vial ~ Jewel (NEW mesh piercing),
Tattoo: Hysteria ~ Time is Precious.

My poses are from the Rock God pose pack from [Motionless], now only available on marketplace here.


MiLLiE xx

1 comment:

  1. it was fun hanging out with you Millie!

    ReplyDelete